A simple yet effective overdrive that delivers smooth rock tones synonymous with classic rock overdriven amplifers. As you'd expect then, this pedal is particularly effective for blues and rock! Overdrive that doesn't oversaturate or overcompress leaving the dynamics and nuances of your playing intact.
As you probably know, Boss pedals have a reputation for being built like brick outhouses! You can be pretty sure that however much you drop it, kick it, throw it and jump on it, it will still come back for more punishment! These pedals constantly survive the rigors of rock 'n' roll touring, and that's why they're seen at the feet of top touring pros everywhere. Reliability really can be affordable to all, and Boss are so sure that their compact stomps will last that they cover them with a full five year warranty.
Here's what Boss say about the SD-1
The SD-1 Super OverDrive pedal produces the warm, natural distortion of an overdriven tube amplifier while maintaining the subtle nuances of a player's picking technique. This is one of BOSS' more subtle and smooth overdrive pedals, perfect for blues and rock.
- Compact overdrive pedal with warm, smooth overdriven sounds
- Unique asymmetric overdrive circuitry for a classic, natural tube amp growl
- Tone control provides precise adjustment of drive sound
- BOSS 5-year warranty
- Input Impedance: 470 k ohms
- Output Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Suppl:y DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 6 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- Option: AC Adaptor (PSA-Series)
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight: 0.4 kg (0 lbs. 15 oz).
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.