Guitar Repairs and Servicing
Our professional guitar repairers are always more than happy to help you keep your instruments in the best condition possible, and offer free quotes - minor repairs, to full restorations.
Each instrument and repair/ service is unique, so we prefer to offer quotes on inspection, but below is a price guide for the type of work we regularly carry out.
RESTRINGS & SETUPS
Restring + Polish - £15 + Strings
Restring for Floyd Rose - £20 + Strings
Mini Service - £35 + Strings - *Mini service is only for instruments which have been recently - within 4 month - serviced and set up by a professional repairer.
Mini Service for Floyd Rose - £49 + Strings
Set Up - £65 + Strings
Set Up for Floyd Rose - £75 + Strings
Set up + Fret Dress - £85 +Strings
Set Up with Fret Dress for Floyd Rose - £95 + Strings
Need it quick? **Express Service** - + £20
Fret Dress - £35
Partial Re-fret - £70-£120
Full Re-Fret - £120-£180
NEW NUTS AND SADDLES * Set up recommended
New Acoustic Saddle - Plastic - From £2.99 + £12.99 Fitting
New Acoustic Saddle - Graphite/ NuBone - From £8.99 + £12.99 Fitting
New Nut - Plastic - From £1.99 + £12.99 Fitting
New Nut - Graphite/ Corian/ NuBone - From £6.99 + £12.99 Fiting
Electrics Service - £25
New Jack Socket - £25 + Jack socket
New Switch - £25 + Switch
Fit 1 Pot - £25
Fit 2 Pots - £34
Fit 3 Pots - £42
Fit 4 Pots - £50
Pickup Replacement (Passive) - £15 per Pickup (Discounts available if Pickup purchased from Village Music)
Pickup Replacement (Active) - £20 per Pickup (Discounts available if Pickup purchased from Village Music)
Neck Break/ Crack - £100-£160 - includes set up and new strings
Severe Neck Break - Requiring strengthening £150-£280
Cracks and holes in body - £60-£150
Refinishing - QOA
- Please note this price-guide is only a guide. Prices for parts may vary slightly. Additional charges may apply for hollow-body/ arch-top guitars, or guitars fitted with floyd-rose tremolos. Major repairs/ refurbishing/ Restoration may be charged at bench time.
- Estimates will be provided on inspection - any changes to estimate will be notified.
- Standard repair turnaround is 5-working days - if not quicker - although some repairs where parts have to be ordered may take longer- Woodwork repair turnaround is 10-20 working days.
- Instruments not collected 14 days after completion may be charged a storage fee of £12
- Instruments not collected 90 days after completion may be sold to cover repair costs.